Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's Show Time!

Next week is the Northwest Flower and Garden Show. I'm pleased with the number of seminars about edibles. It's enough to make your head spin! I seems like there is at least one per stage per day.

A few that have caught my eye are...

Cool Season Edibles with Bill Forness on Wednesday afternoon. I think we'd all like to know how to grow veggies year round. And also on Wednesday on the DIY stage is Edibles Cubed where you can learn how to grow an edible cocktail table. Sign me up!

On Thursday Wendy Tweten, who is also known as Miss Snippy, is going to show us how to make veggie gardening fruitful and fun during At Play in the Potager. Suckered in once again by the DIY stage, I may check out the gutter gardening lecture with Jayme Jenkins. I think my fence lined with lettuces would look fabulous.

Growing Food in Small Spaces lead by Teresa O'Connor on Friday looks good. And if you want a small break from the edibles but want your "scent-ces" to be enlightened, check out Riz Reyes' Fragrance in the Garden. I'm always picking Riz's brain for good ideas about the latest cool plants.

Over the weekend, there's another lecture about potagers, and another about winter veggies on Saturday.

I think Sunday's Eating Your Landscape will be interesting since the subtitle suggests edible trees, shrubs, and annuals--something I try to do in my own garden.

There you have it. That's just a small preview of what you'll find edible-gardening wise over the five days starting Feb 8th. Enjoy!

No comments: