Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Seeds Into the Ground!

That tricky sun is making me think we're further into the growing season than we actually are. The biting wind was a constant reminder today that it is only March!

Still, I didn't let that stop me from sowing more seeds in the garden today. I raised a trellis for the 'Matucana' Sweet Peas. They will make a striking contrast against the yellow studio. I am a little behind I'm afraid since you're supposed to plant them as soon as the ground is "workable," or no longer frozen. I stuck a handful's worth of seed along the base of it.

Then I sowed the old beet seeds here and there around the euphorbia, forget-me-nots, daffodils, and violas. I don't have high hopes for these. If I get a few microgreens out of them I'll be happy.

I also carved out a spot for my white-flowering rosemary. It will eventually replace the cascading rosemary that isn't so cascading anymore. The flowers and leaves are a little too washed out in color. I like either white or a vibrant blue flower with dark green leaves. The cascading rosemary is starting to get a little too woody with old age so out it goes.

Don't be too hasty in shedding those layers and planting the tomatoes. We've got a few months to go!

No comments: